Definition - "Patent Troll"

"PATENT TROLL" - Any party that intentionally misconstrues the claims of their patent to assert it against another. A patent troll does not have to be a non-practicing entity (NPE) or in any particular industry, all that is required is an intentional misconstruing of the claims in an attempt to extort money from another.

Disclaimer



Disclaimer - All information and postings in this blog are provided for educational purposes only. Nothing in this blog constitutes legal advice and you should not rely on any information herein as such. If you do not have a signed engagement agreement with me, then you are not represented by me and you should retain your own attorney for any legal issues you are having.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In response to Lodsys

I am a registered US Patent Attorney and I believe what Lodsys and other patent trolls are doing undermines credibility to our whole patent system, especially software patents.  I believe software patents should be allowed, but considering the prior art they should be very hard to obtain, as many features are not new inventions or are quite obvious. 

The main goal of this blog is to have a place for contributors to post and discuss prior art that we may then use to re-exam the patents or have non-infringement and invalidity opinions drafted.

I prefer at this time to remain anonymous, as I am not doing this to gain notoriety or push my own practice. I am doing this because these trolls have pissed off my clients, my friends, and myself.

May the best patent attorney win.

- USPA

No comments:

Post a Comment